Frequently Asked Questions About RoundUp
If you or a loved one have used the weed killer RoundUp and become ill, you may need to seek legal assistance. A West Virginia RoundUp attorney can help you determine whether or not you have a claim. At West Law Firm, we are ready to take your case forward. Let our qualified and experienced team investigate so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
What Is Roundup And How Does It Make People Sick?
RoundUp is a popular weed killer used around the world. Originally manufactured by Monsanto, the company and product were purchased by Bayer in June of 2018. RoundUp contains a chemical called glyphosate.
- Glyphosate has been linked to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) labeled glyphosate as a “probable carcinogen” in humans in 2015.
The WHO announcement opened many people’s eyes to the risks of using RoundUp, and we have seen many illness cases brought against Monsanto and Bayer since then.
Who Is Most At Risk Of Illness From Using Roundup?
RoundUp has many applications, from personal use around homes to commercial activity. Those most at risk of contracting non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma are those who have been regularly exposed to RoundUp. This can include:
- agricultural workers
- parks and recreation staff
- public works department employees
There are many times when victims do not realize that their cancer was caused by exposure to RoundUp. Our West Virginia RoundUp lawyer will be able to help you get the medical evaluations you need to determine what happened in your case.
Will An Attorney Be Able To Help My Case?
You will likely not be successful in getting compensation for your illness without an attorney. Bayer has extensive legal teams working to minimize the amount they pay in settlements for these cases. Your attorney will work to ensure that:
- You get a full evaluation of your medical records
- Your use of RoundUp is established
- You are involved in the class action lawsuits against Monsanto/Bayer
- Your economic and non-economic damages are correctly calculated
Have There Been Successful Lawsuits Against Monsanto/Bayer?
Yes, there have been several verdicts handed down in RoundUp cases so far. Bayer is currently facing lawsuits from more than 13,000 plaintiffs. With cases that have gone to trial, we have seen:
- A San Francisco groundskeeper awarded a $289 million verdict after a jury determined his terminal cancer was caused by prolonged RoundUp exposure.
- A California man was awarded $80 million after successfully arguing that his cancer was caused by RoundUp. The man had used the product on his property for 26 years.
- A jury awarded a California couple over $2 billion in damages after it was determined that their cancers were caused by decades of RoundUp use.
What Compensation Is There For A Roundup Case?
At West Law Firm, you can count on having a compassionate and dedicated team by your side. We recognize that this is a difficult situation for you and your family. We will fully investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you truly deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of your current and future medical bills
- Recovery of income lost if you are unable to work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against Monsanto/Bayer
Contact West Injury Law For Help
When you need a West Virginia RoundUp lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.