We are West Virginia personal injury lawyers dedicated to helping people injured in accidents or by negligence get full and fair compensation while providing them excellent, caring service — the kind of service we would want for our family if they ever need an attorney. Our attorneys have decades of combined legal experience and are highly rated for providing clients outstanding results and service.
How Our Accident Attorneys Can Help You
- Recover Full and Fair Compensation
No Fee Unless We Win
Full-Service Firm: We Help With Both Your Injury and Property Damage Claims
Get Better Medical Care — Even When You Can’t Afford It
Fast Results — Our Legal Team is Top Rated For Resolving Personal Injury Cases Quickly
Get Maximum Insurance Benefits — Including Benefits You May Not Know About
Reduce Your Stress by Providing You Excellent, Personal Service
Eliminate or Reduce Your Insurance Liens and/or Medical Bills
How An Attorney Can Help You
Personal injury cases often involve multiple parties, including aggressive insurance companies. Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, not to look after your best interests. Your personal injury lawyer will have a legal duty to look after your best interests, and West Law Firm takes this duty seriously. Some of the specific ways an attorney can help you with your claim include:
- Review and investigate all aspects of the incident
- Gather all evidence, including surveillance footage, witness statements, measurements, etc.
- Reconstruct the accident scene if necessary, often with the help of an expert
- Retain expert witnesses, when needed, to prove the other party was at fault and the severity of your injuries
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and other parties
- Ensure all of your losses, called damages, are accounted for, including future losses, which often requires an expert
- If you choose West Law Firm to represent you, we will also help you with your property damage claim — something most injury firms don’t do
Although most accident claims settle before a lawsuit has to be filed, having personal injury lawyers like West Law Firm on your side who have lots of experience successfully handling lawsuits often motivates insurance companies to settle claims early — and usually for more money.
What does a personal injury case look like?
A personal injury lawsuit is filed by an individual who has been injured due to the reckless, negligent, or intentional actions of another person, company, or entity. Some of the most common types of personal injury cases arise due to:
- Car And Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian And Bicycle Crashes
- Premises Injuries
- Medical Mistakes
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Workplace Incidents
- Prescription Drug Injuries
You may have a claim if you can show that:
- The other side acted in negligent, reckless, or intentional manner.
- The other side caused your injury.
- You sustained actual damages such as lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering