Commercial Trucking FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Trucking Accidents
Commercial truck accidents can cause severe, life-altering injuries. A West Virginia commercial trucking accident lawyer at the West Law Firm is ready to handle all aspects of your case. We know that you need compensation for your crash-related expenses. Let us get to work investigating this incident. We will establish negligence and move to hold the responsible party accountable.
Why Are Commercial Truck Crashes So Severe?
A commercial truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when it is fully loaded. You probably see plenty of commercial trucks regularly, including:
- Eighteen wheelers
- Delivery trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- And more
When these large vehicles collide with a regular passenger vehicle, the results are often devastating. It is not uncommon for us to help clients with the following injuries following a West Virginia commercial truck accident:
- Traumatic brain injuries/head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries/paralysis
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Crush injuries
These injuries often lead to major medical expenses, including long-term care and rehabilitation.
How Will An Attorney Help My Case?
An attorney is best equipped to handle these cases due to their complexity. There are often multiple insurance companies involved when it comes to commercial truck crashes. Negotiating with all of these parties can be tricky. Your attorney will thoroughly investigate this incident:
- Gather all evidence, including video surveillance and witness statements
- Obtain your medical records and ensure you get the medical care you deserve
- Determine who is liable for your injuries and proving carelessness or negligence
- Calculate your total economic and non-economic damages
These cases can also become product liability claims if the designer, manufacturer, seller, or distributor of faulty parts led to the truck malfunctioning. Your attorney will investigate all of this.
The West Virginia commercial truck accident lawyers at West Law Firm have the resources to go up against these large companies and will not collect a fee unless they are successful.
What Causes Commercial Trucking Accidents?
In many cases, we find that these crashes are caused by truck driver error or vehicle malfunction.
- Truck drivers should always be properly licensed and trained for each vehicle they operate. They must follow all state and federal laws regarding carrying capacity as well as how many hours they can operate between breaks. Under no circumstances should a truck driver operate while distracted or impaired.
- Truck companies have a duty to regularly inspect and maintain their vehicles in order to prevent vehicle failure. If any of the following systems malfunctions, a driver can lose control and crash:
What Kind Of Compensation Can I Get For A Commercial Truck Crash?
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the actions of a truck driver or commercial truck company, call us today. West Law Firm is ready to help you secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against the driver or company responsible
Get In Touch With Our Experienced Legal Professionals
You will not have to worry about paying a fee unless we are successful with your case. When you need a West Virginia commercial trucking accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.