West Virginia Hernia Mesh Injury Claim FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions About Hernia Mesh Injury Lawsuits and Settlements in WV
One of the most commonly used tools surgeons use to repair a person’s hernia is with a mesh used to close an opening in the abdominal wall. However, we know now that defective hernia mesh implants can cause serious long-term complications and side effects for patients. If you’ve been injured by hernia mesh, an attorney at West Law Firm can help you secure the compensation you deserve.
What exactly does hernia mesh do?
When someone has a hernia, it means that part of their intestine protrudes through a hole in their abdominal wall. Sometimes a person suffers no immediate effects from a hernia, but serious complications can develop.
The most commonly used method to repair a hernia involved using a mesh surgically implanted to cover the hole in the abdominal wall to prevent another hernia from occurring.
What happens with faulty hernia meshes?
Some of the most common injuries from a hernia mesh implant include:
- Severe and chronic abdominal pain
- Perforation of organs and internal tissue
- Recurrence of hernia after surgery
- Bowel obstructions
- Mesh failure
Which hernia mesh companies are we talking about here?
Some of the companies involved in manufacturing these defective hernia mesh implants include:
- Atrium Medical Corporation
- R. Bard
- Gore Medical
- Genzyme Corporation
Do you have a West Virginia hernia mesh claim?
When we talk to clients about whether they have a claim, we are going to examine four things:
- Were you owed a duty of care by a healthcare provider or a mesh implant manufacturer?
- Was the duty of care breached or deviated from due to their actions or inaction?
- Did you sustain injuries as a result of this breach of care?
- Are the injuries you sustained quantifiable in terms of money?
Why is West Law Firm my best option?
Our firm has the knowledge and experience you need to take your case all the way to a successful conclusion. We have the resources necessary to fight large companies, and we are not intimidated.
- We will handle every aspect of your case, including the paperwork, the fine print, and all communications with insurance providers, medical professionals, and other parties involved.
- Our attorneys are always ready to talk to you directly about your case.
- You will not see a bill from us unless we are successful with your case — no upfront or out-of-pocket costs.
What kind of damages could I recover?
When you or someone you love is harmed due to a defective hernia mesh implant, you need to seek legal assistance. At the West Law Firm, we have the experience you need to take your case forward. We will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses (current and future)
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent company
Free Consultation with a West Virginia Hernia Mesh Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured by hernia mesh, you may be entitled to compensation, and West Law Firm can help. We are based in Charleston, West Virginia and serve clients throughout the country who have been wrongly injured or killed by dangerous products like some hernia mesh products.
Defective Medical Device cases are different and often more complex than typical personal injury and auto accident cases. So, it’s important to call a law firm with defective product experience like us at West Law Firm. For a Free Consultation, we invite you to call our toll free number today at 1-877-943-9378 (WEST), and there’s No Fee unless and until you recover compensation.