Uloric Attorneys in West Virginia
Uloric is a medication used to treat gout caused by high uric acid levels and it can cause serious complications for patients. If you need a West Virginia Uloric attorney, the West Law Firm is ready to help. We recognize that Uloric has serious side effects and can endanger your cardiovascular health. Let our qualified team handle your case. We will conduct an investigation and work to secure the compensation you need for your injuries.
The West Law Firm Understands These Cases
When you are going up against big drug companies, you want West Law Firm by your side. We have decades of combined legal experience to bring to the table.
- We are a full-service personal injury firm. This means that you will not have to worry about any aspect of your case. We will handle all of it.
- You will also not have to worry about any out-of-pocket costs, and we will not collect a fee unless we win your case.
- Our firm will ensure that you get the medical care you need, even if you do not have health insurance or cannot afford your deductible or copay.
- We are not going to be intimidated by the prescription drug company’s legal teams, and we will not settle for less than you deserve.
How An Attorney Can Help With These Cases
Cases against big prescription drug companies can become very complex. Often, you will find that there are thousands of claims moving forward over one faulty drug-like Uloric. An attorney can help you establish your case by:
- Obtaining your medical records and prescription drug history
- Ensuring you are evaluated by an independent medical professional
- Lining up an expert medical witness to review your records and testify on your behalf
- Research and obtain information on Uloric, including FDA warning and official recalls
At West Law Firm, our West Virginia Uloric lawyers recognize that your focus needs to be on your health, not fighting a big drug company.
What Is Uloric And How Does It Cause Harm?
Febuxostat, sold under the name Uloric, is a prescription medication used long-term to treat gout caused by high uric acid levels. However, in February of 2019, the FDA stated that there was an increased risk of death with the use of Uloric compared to other medications used to treat the same condition.
First approved for patients in 2009, we know that Uloric was cleared by the FDA after two previous failed attempts to introduce it to the market. A former safety consultant for Takeda, the Uloric manufacturer, came forward and claimed that the company knew about the risks associated with Uloric and failed to alert the public. These risks include:
- Increased risk of heart-related problems and fatalities
- Serious kidney and bone marrow failures
- Liver damage
Are You Ready To Move Forward With Your Case?
The last thing you expect when you are prescribed medication is that it will cause more harm than good. However, the West Law Firm knows that many drug makers take shortcut and fault drugs make it to the market all the time. When we take your case, our knowledgeable and experienced team will get to work on securing the compensation you deserve, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the medication
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the drug company or manufacturer
When you need a West Virginia Uloric lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.