Surgical Staple Mass Torts Attorneys in WV
Staples are often used to close wounds and surgery sites. However, defective staples and surgical staplers have been found to cause serious complications in patients. In these cases, the doctors, hospitals, or device manufacturers may be held responsible for your injuries after a failed surgical stapling procedure. At West Law Firm, you can count on our qualified and experienced team to investigate what happened. We will work to secure the compensation you deserve for all of your incident-related injuries.
West Law Firm Has A Track Record Of Success
You need a firm that has success in medical malpractice and product liability cases. West Law Firm will bring decades of combined legal experience to your case.
- We are a full-service firm. You will not have to worry about any aspect of your case while you are recovering from your injuries.
- We have the resources to ensure you receive quality medical care and evaluations, even if you do not have insurance.
- We are not going to back down to big corporations or aggressive insurance providers. West Law Firm will fight for your right to maximum compensation.
- We have recovered more than $20 million in damages for our clients, and we will not settle for less than you deserve.
How An Attorney Can Help Your Surgical Staple Case
There are various avenues these cases can take. Your case could be a medical malpractice or a product liability claim. Both of these can become very complex. Your attorney will:
- Conduct a full investigation into the incident
- Gather your medical records and have them evaluated
- Investigate the surgical staples used and their safety record
- Investigate the doctor or surgeon on your case
- Calculate your total economic and non-economic damages
What Happens In These Cases?
Surgical staples are used in many routine surgeries. However, we know that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States. Many of those mistakes happen in surgery. When we investigate these cases, we often find that the problems arise with:
- Careless, negligent, or undertrained medical professionals
- Inadequate follow-up care after a procedure
- Faulty staples or staplers from a company or manufacturer
There have been many surgical staple products recalls over the last decade, with major companies Ethicon, Covidien, and U.S. Surgical involved. The US Food and Drug Administration is responsible for approving and regulating surgical staples and staple devices.
Surgical staples are labeled as Class I devices, the least regulated of all medical devices. Because of this labeling, staple complications are not part of mandatory reporting for device malfunctions and injuries. Non-fatal staple complication reports are sent to the FDA’s Alternative Summary Reporting Program, often called the “hidden database.”
You Can Turn To Us For Help
If you or a loved one have experienced complications due to a surgical staple procedure, seek legal assistance immediately. At West Law Firm, you can count on us to handle all aspects of your claim. We understand that these cases can become medical malpractice or product liability cases. We are ready to secure the compensation you need no matter where the case takes us.
- Coverage for all medical expenses related to the mistake
- Coverage of lost wages if you cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against anyone responsible
When you need a West Virginia surgical staple lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.