Knee Implant Attorneys in West Virginia
Thousands of people get necessary knee replacements each year, yet many of these implants used are defective and cause serious injuries. You may need a West Virginia knee implant lawyer if your replacement is found to be faulty. Many of the most common knee replacement implants have been recalled and have caused serious patient harm. Let us get to work on your case today so we can secure the compensation you need.
What Makes West Law Firm Your Best Option?
At the West Law Firm, you will be our priority. We will never delegate you to a paralegal or assistant. Our attorneys handle every aspect of your case, from the paperwork and fine print to all communications with involved parties.
- We have the resources to ensure you get proper medical care and evaluations.
- We are not intimidated by big corporate legal teams or aggressive insurance companies. We will fight to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Our decades of combined legal experience has helped recover more than $20 million in total damages for clients.
- You do not have to worry about any out-of-pocket costs from West Law Firm. We work on contingency and will only collect our fee if we are successful with your case.
What An Attorney Can Do To Help Your Case
Cases involving medical devices such as knee replacement implants can become complex and involve thousands of people. An attorney is the best route for you to maximize compensation for your injuries. Your attorney will:
- Gather your medical records and have them reviewed by medical professionals
- Arrange to have you examined by an independent medical professional
- Research your particular implant and its history of complications
- Ensure you are involved in any class action cases involving your implant
What You Need To Know About These Cases
Knee replacements are the most common joint replacement surgeries in the United States. Unfortunately, artificial knee replacements are fraught with complications. Most knee implants are performed on those between the ages of 45 to 64 and are not designed to be long-term devices. Most knee replacement implants were never tested for long-term use, and some were never tested at all.
- Many knee implants on the market used an expedited approval shortcut to avoid expensive testing and possible rejection.
The US Food and Drug Administration has issued multiple knee implant recalls involving various companies, including:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Smith & Nephew
Side effects and injuries that commonly occur due to defective knee implants include:
- Pain, swelling, or bruising of the knee
- Infections of the knee joint
- Nerve and blood vessel damage
- Fractures of the bones around the implant
- Particles shedding from the implant
- Blood clots in the lower leg
- Bone death (osteolysis) due to particle shedding
We Are Ready To Get To Work Today
If you or a loved one have had knee replacement surgery and your implant has caused you harm, please seek legal assistance now. At West Law Firm, we understand these cases. We know that faulty knee implants can significantly impact your life. That is why we will work to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the implant company or manufacturer
If you need a West Virginia knee implant attorney, please contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.