Invokana Attorneys in West Virginia
Millions of Americans suffer from type 2 diabetes and rely on medications for treatment. However, we know that they never expected to need a West Virginia Invokana attorney. At the West Law Firm, we understand that the complications from this medication can cause serious economic and emotional distress. We are here to help you get the compensation and benefits you deserve.
Why Is West Law Firm In The Best Position To Help Me?
You need a firm that is not afraid to stand up to pharmaceutical company legal teams and aggressive insurance providers. The West Law Firm team has decades of experience successfully representing clients in these cases.
- We are a full-service firm, so you will not have to worry about any aspect of your case.
- We have the resources necessary to ensure you get quality medical care, regardless of whether you have health insurance or not.
- You will not see a bill from us unless we are successful with your case. We believe everyone deserves quality legal representation.
- We have successfully recovered more than $20 million in damages for our clients.
What Your Attorney Will Do To Help
These cases are incredibly complex. Proving that Invokana caused your Fournier’s gangrene will need a dedicated attorney who will:
- Gather all of your prescription and medical records.
- Arrange for you to get medical screenings and a review of your records.
- Ensure you have an expert medical witness to testify.
- Calculate all of your economic and non-economic damages.
The makers of Invokana, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., are not going to hand over a settlement willingly. Investigating and litigating these cases can become incredibly expensive, but West Law Firm has the resources necessary to take this case forward. Your attorney will put together a rock-solid case to prove Invokana caused your injuries.
Why Is Invokana So Dangerous?
Every prescription drug has side effects and possible complications that doctors should discuss with their patients before treatment begins. However, Invokana can cause Fournier’s gangrene, a type of life-threatening bacterial infection of the tissue under the skin near a person’s genitals.
- Invokana is the brand name for canagliflozin, a sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitor.
- Other brand names associated with SGLT2 inhibitors are Farxiga and Jardiance.
In 2018, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning about the increased risk of Fournier’s gangrene for those who take SGLT2 inhibitors. Patients who contract Fournier’s gangrene require immediate hospitalization and will likely need surgery to repair the damage. In some cases, permanent damage to the genital area can result from the use of Invokana.
Take The Next Step And Call Us Today
If you or someone you love has been harmed due to the prescription drug Invokana, you need to secure legal assistance immediately. At West Law Firm, we are going to take your case and conduct a thorough investigation. Our team will be dedicated to securing the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of current and future medical costs
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the drug manufacturer
We understand that this is an emotional issue for you. Let our compassionate team offer you a free consultation today. When you need a West Virginia Invokana lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.