West Virginia Construction Accident Lawyers
The construction industry is one of the most dangerous occupations a person can work in. However, that does not mean that the worker has no recourse after a serious injury. If you’ve been injured in a West Virginia construction accident, you may be entitled to more than worker’s compensation. We invite you to call one of our experienced work injury lawyers today for a Free Case Review to help you determine your options. Our toll-free number is 1-877-943-9378.
How West Law Firm Can Help
When you suffer from a construction injury, we will bring our experienced West Virginia personal injury attorneys to your case. West Law Firm has successfully recovered millions in damages for our clients, and we intend to do the same for your case.
- We are going to handle every aspect of your case so you can focus solely on your recovery.
- We will ensure that you receive quality medical care, even if workers’ compensation or your health insurance is inadequate.
- We will never delegate you to a paralegal or an assistant. Your attorney will always be ready to discuss your case with you.
- You will never have to worry about out-of-pocket costs. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so we will only collect our fees if we are successful with your case.
Why An Attorney Is Necessary For Construction Accident Cases
For most work injuries, workers’ compensation is going to cover the medical costs and some lost income. This can limit your overall compensation. However, due to the nature of construction work, third parties are often involved. In this case, you could be eligible to file a personal injury claim against a negligent party.
- Your attorney will investigate all aspects of your injury. This includes gathering surveillance footage and speaking to witnesses.
- An attorney will obtain and review the safety records of the construction company and any third-party contractors.
- Your attorney will prove negligence and calculate your total economic and non-economic damages.
How Common Are Construction Injuries?
When we look at data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we see that the construction industry is more dangerous than most. OSHA has a list called the “Fatal Four,” which highlight the common causes of fatalities in the construction industry:
- Getting struck by an object
- Getting caught in between objects
Most construction incidents do not cause fatalities. However, thousands of people are injured each year and left dealing with the consequences. Common construction injuries include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken or Dislocated Bones
- Stress-related Injuries
- Hearing and Vision Loss
- Respiratory Problems
What Compensation is Available After a West Virginia Construction Site Accident?
If you or a loved one have been injured in a workplace construction incident, worker’s compensation is almost always available. However, in certain circumstances, you may also be able to pursue a personal injury claim and obtain additional compensation, including the following:
- Coverage of your current and future medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Future wages if your earning capacity has been decreased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against grossly negligent 3rd party
Injured at a West Virginia Job Site? Get a Free Case Review Today
If you or a loved one has been injured at work in West Virginia because of a dangerous condition, we invite you to contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378. West Law Firm is located in Charleston, West Virginia, but we serve clients throughout the state and country.