West Virginia Birth Injury Attorneys
Birth injuries are more common in the United States than in any other developed country. You may need a West Virginia birth injury attorney to get you through this. These incidents are emotionally difficult, and the team at West Law Firm is ready to help with all aspects of your case. If the carelessness or negligence of a healthcare provider caused this birth injury, we will work to secure the compensation you need.
West Law Firm Is Your Best Choice For A Successful Outcome
Our knowledgeable and experienced team has the experience you need representing clients in all personal injury matters, including experience with birth injuries.
- We understand the particular complexities of medical malpractice cases.
- Our firm is full-service. The means we will handle all aspect of your injury claim, from the paperwork and fine print to communicating with insurance providers and medical professionals.
- We have the resources to get you the medical care needed, even if you do not have health insurance or cannot pay your deductible.
- We will not be intimidated by aggressive insurance providers, and we are not put off by the threat of trial. We are ready to take your case the entire way to successful completion.
What Can An Attorney Do For A Birth Injury Case?
The most important thing to recognize is that the full cost of a birth injury may not be readily apparent. In some cases, a birth injury can be fixed with a follow-up medical procedure with no long-term complications. However, in cases where a birth injury resulted in a lack of oxygen to a child’s brain or when there is severe bodily damage, there may be lifelong complications. This can result in tremendous lifelong costs to families.
Your attorney will:
- Arrange for medical experts to testify on your behalf.
- Ensure your child is properly examined by an independent medical provider.
- Have all of your child’s medical records examined.
- Work to calculate the current and future costs of care that will be necessary.
What Are Birth Injuries?
Any pregnancy can experience complications. However, some complications and injuries are the fault of a medical professional. Some of the common injuries that can happen to a baby in childbirth include:
- bone fractures
- meconium aspiration
- fetal oxygen deprivation
- brain bleeds
- nerve damage
- and more
A common birth injury that causes lifelong disabilities is called cerebral palsy. This condition causes impaired muscle coordination and other disabilities caused by damage to a baby’s brain before, during, or after birth.
These injuries can occur due to the techniques used by a medical professional, such as the misuse of forceps or a vacuum device. Other times, a medical team may fail to recognize mother or fetal distress and not perform a C-section when one is indicated.
Let Us Help You Through This Difficult Time
If your child has suffered from a birth injury due to the negligence of a healthcare professional, please seek legal assistance now. At West Law Firm, you can count on having a qualified and experienced team by your side throughout this ordeal. We will investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you need, including:
- Compensation for all medical expenses related to the mistake
- Coverage of lost wages if you miss work while caregiving
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against the people responsible
If you need a West Virginia birth injury lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.