Sexual Abuse Attorneys in West Virginia
Sexual abuse still happens at alarming rates in the United States. It seems that each day brings to light new revelations horrifying details of sexual abuse coverups. When you need a sexual abuse attorney, you can count on the compassionate and experienced team at West Law Firm to help. We know that this is an incredibly emotional time for you. Let us get to work today so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Is West Law Firm Your Best Option?
We are a full-service firm. That means that we will handle every aspect of your case. This includes all the paperwork, covering the fine print, and communicating with all parties involved.
- Our sexual abuse attorneys have decades of combined legal experience.
- We understand the sensitivity of sexual abuse cases and will respect you every step of the way.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis. This means you will not have any out-of-pocket costs and will not see a bill unless we are successful in securing the compensation you deserve.
- We will not be intimidated by large institutions or their legal teams. Your fight is our fight, and we intend to win.
How An Attorney Can Help With Sexual Abuse Cases
Sexual abuse cases can become incredibly complex. We find that, in many cases, there are multiple victims and that large scale coverups have worked to hide abuses. Individuals should not be handling their own cases because of the emotional trauma involved. An attorney will:
- Handle all legal processes and negotiations on behalf of the victim. This includes contact with the abuser or their attorney as well as institutions involved.
- Establish proof that you were abused by gathering evidence and timelines.
- Ensure you get the counseling services necessary for these instances.
- Negotiate a settlement that gives you all the compensation you deserve.
Is Sexual Abuse Prevalent?
Despite institutional sexual abuses coming to light in recent years, we know that this still occurs at an alarming rate. All too often, our suffer abuse at the hands of those they trust. According to Darkness to Light, approximately 90% of abused children know their abuser. This can include:
- Religious leaders
- Foster parents
- Scout leaders
We also know that vulnerable adults are abused by those entrusted with their care. The elderly, disabled, and those vulnerable due to a medical condition should never have to worry about being sexually abused by:
- Nursing home staff
- Doctors, nurses, or other healthcare professionals
- In-home care aides
We often find that multiple people and groups know of abuses that have occurred and done nothing to report it to authorities. Some employers and organizations actively work to cover up instances of sexual abuse.
Let Us Get To Work On Your Behalf
This is an incredibly sensitive and emotional topic. At the West Law Firm, we understand that. When you come to us, you can count on having a compassionate lawyer by your side to fight this battle. We are experienced with these cases and will work diligently to secure compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering damages
- Compensation for any necessary counseling
- Punitive damages against the perpetrator(s)
- The person who abused you
- Institutions they worked for
- Institutions that covered up the abuse
When you need a sexual abuse lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 1 (877) 943-9378.