First Snow in Charleston, WV Causes Slick Roads and Crashes
Charleston, WV — With the rain at the beginning of this week coupled with the first snow in the Kanawha Valley, the temperatures got low enough to cause black ice on our roadways. Unfortunately, the black ice and slick roads caused multiple wrecks on West Virginia roads on the morning of November 17, 2022. Metro 911 reported most of the auto accidents occurred on Interstate 77 North and Interstate 79, both North and South. Interstate 79 Northbound in Elkview also shut down.
The icy conditions also caused school delays in West Virginia’s Fayette, Nicholas, and Greenbrier Counties.
Accidents were reported in the following locations:
- Auto accident at 5000 block of Elk River Road North in Elkview
- Auto crash at I-77N at Mile Marker 120
- Auto accident at I-77N at Mile Marker 121
- Auto crash at I-77S at Mile Marker 113
- Auto accident at I-77S at Mile Marker 119
- Auto crash at I-77S at Mile Marker 132
- Auto accident at I-79N at Mile Marker 7.0
- Auto crash at I-79N at Mile Marker 7.5
- Auto accident with injuries at I-79S at Mile Marker 8
- Auto crash at I-79S at Mile Marker 9.0
- Auto accident at I-79S at Mile Marker 10.0
- Auto crash at I-64W at Mile Marker 43
- Auto accident at I-64W at Mile Marker 44
- Single auto crash at Call Road and Tuppers Creek Entrance Ramp SB.
- Auto crash with injuries at Kanawha Boulevard East at Campbells Creek Drive, in Malden
- Auto accident at US-35N at Mile Marker 15.2
12 Safety Tips for Avoiding Car Accidents in Snow and Ice
Here are 12 Winter Driving Tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe if you find yourself having to drive in cold weather.
Free Consultation With a Top-Rated Charleston, WV Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a car or truck accident or hurt by negligence, we encourage you to call one of our top-rated Charleston, WV, car accident lawyers for a free and confidential consultation. At West Law Firm, there’s also No Fee unless and until you recover compensation.West Law Firm’s toll-free number is 1-877-943-9378 (WEST), and our office is conveniently located in Charleston, West Virginia. There’s also plenty of free parking, and one of our WV auto accident attorneys will come to you if it’s more convenient for you.
Brooks West is a personal injury lawyer, founder, and President of West Law Firm. He has been helping those wrongfully injured in West Virginia for almost two decades. The results and service he provides his clients have earned him membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Brooks is most proud of the many 5-star reviews he has received from satisfied clients.