At West Law Firm, our West Virginia injury lawyers are dedicated to helping people who have been injured in an accident or hurt by negligence get full and fair compensation. Our attorneys are equally committed to providing clients like you excellent, caring service and representation — the kind of representation we would want for our family should they ever need an attorney. With decades of combined legal experience and a proven track record of helping clients recover tens of millions of dollars, our legal team has the skill, experience, compassion, and resources to provide you life changing results.
Our Charleston, WV Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Recover Compensation Faster
Reduce Your Stress by Handling Everything for You
Get Maximum Compensation for Your Claim
Help You Get Medical Treatment
Provide You Peace of Mind
Free Consultations So You Know Your Rights and Options
No Risk, No Fee Unless We Win
Eliminate or Reduce Your Medical Bills and Health Insurance Liens
What Personal Injury Lawyers Do
Personal injury cases often involve multiple parties, including aggressive insurance companies. Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, not to look after your best interests. Your personal injury lawyer will have a legal duty to look after your best interests, and West Law Firm takes this duty seriously. Some of the specific ways one of our experienced West Virginia accident & injury attorneys can help you with your claim include:
- Review and investigate all aspects of the incident
- Gather all evidence, including surveillance footage, witness statements, measurements, etc.
- Reconstruct the accident scene if necessary, often with the help of an expert
- Retain expert witnesses, when needed, to prove the other party was at fault and the severity of your injuries
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and other parties
- Ensure all of your losses, called damages, are accounted for, including future losses, which often requires an expert
Although most accident claims settle before a lawsuit has to be filed, having personal injury lawyers like West Law Firm on your side who have lots of experience successfully handling lawsuits often motivates insurance companies to settle claims early — and usually for more money.
What does a West Virginia personal injury case look like?
A personal injury lawsuit is filed by an individual who has been injured due to the reckless, negligent, or intentional actions of another person, company, or entity. Some of the most common types of WV personal injury cases include the following:
- Car And Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian And Bicycle Crashes
- Premises Injuries
- Medical Mistakes
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Workplace Incidents
- Prescription Drug Injuries
Generally, you may have a claim if you can show that:
- The other side acted in a negligent, reckless, or intentional manner.
- Those actions or omissions caused you injury or other damages.
- You sustained actual damages such as physical injury, lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering
There are exceptions to these criteria, so if in doubt, please call us for a free case evaluation.